Sunday, September 30, 2007

Canada - the land of great TV

For the first few days we stayed in a hotel near the airport. Unfortunately that’s the ONLY thing it was near.

I was watching TV one day when a Burger King commercial came on showing juicy hamburgers… “don’t look” said Craig, “you can’t get one,” he finished sadly.

TV here is a bit different. We started watching CSI one night which is a show I quite like, so I didn’t mind that there was another immediately following it. They do that ‘marathon’ thing sometimes at home too.

But after the third episode in a row I asked Craig to check what was on next… turns out CSI was the ONLY thing on all night…

And they had this clever ploy of not putting any ad breaks between the last show ending and the next beginning, so in order to stop watching I had to quickly turn it off before I saw any of the next show.

It’s one of those shows where once you’ve seen the mysterious puzzle bit at the start, you just HAVE to keep watching to find out how they solve it at the end.

Happily I’ve found they do this with other shows as well, like Family Guy and Seinfeld, so by the end of my time here I may just have watched every episode ever.

Actually, I think TV might be one of the biggest perks since being here, well that and the weather of course. It sure ain’t the public transport system I know that much!

Usually at home in NZ I get to watch things like the Video Music or Emmy Awards the day AFTER they’ve happened. But this year I got to see them as. they. happened.

We’re also seeing all the new season’s telly about six months earlier than usual. New versions of Family Guy, The Simpsons, Prison Break, Boston Legal, America’s Next Top Model, House, Grey’s Anatomy and CSI all aired last week, so I’ve been stoked about that at least :)

I’ll let you know about a few of the more exciting things we’ve been up to in the next blog…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home